Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday 1/4/14 Weekly Diary...

Here it is 10pm and I am just now finally starting to write this out.   
I have decided that since no one really reads this blog, (partly because I don't post regular like)  I will use it as a weekly crafts log and just general reminder for me.

To recap from my August posting....

Yes, I started on that shawl and finished it.  But I don't have a picture for it.  
By the way, SUPER EASY to crochet.  I recommend it, if you are a newbie crocheter.



As for my Christmas gifts,  I did make those slippers for my nieces... and NO ONE else.  I got to the point where I didn't want to see them again.  LOL!  Mental note... do not try to make slippers again.

I didn't make anything crafty like, except for the robes I made for my niece and nephew in Arkansas.
Oh wait, I did make 2 cowl type scarfs... one for my sister and the other for my children's education coordinator.  We home school through a charter school and they require us to have some one over see our schooling.  But that will change next year.

I am working on some dishcloth/washcloths to list in my Etsy shop.

(just in case anyone does read this and wants to go there here is the link... VeryPrettyThings.Etsy.com)



Ok... now on to my next projects....hahaha!


I purchased this book... Rustic Modern Crochet because I LOVED that poncho on the cover.   Oh and there are some really pretty other items I want to make in there too!!!



Yep, I started it on January 1st.  I am hoping to get it done by the end of this month.  We will see.



Yes, I am using the same purple yarn that I used for the shawl.  I know...I know... but I bought way too much of it last year and I just want to use it up.   A N D... it also was the right weight for the poncho.  If I like how this turns out.  I will invest in more yarn in that lovely brown color that it is actually made out of on the cover of the book.



I am starting the afghan CAL (crochet~a~long) on the Moogly site.  Great site!!!
I am hoping to get together with some locals who are doing the afghan too!
I will post about how that is coming a long too.




I have also started on another project called "Painted Roses Blanket".  
I bought the pattern from Sandra Paul.  
She has a wonderful blog called "Cherry Heart".
Just LOVE it!!!  I have made 2... count them...2 of the squares for this blanket!! Yay!
So far...so good.


Here is the first one.  It wasn't done exactly right.  But I did get it right on the next one.
I just love those colors!  So bright and happy.  Which is what I am needing right now. 
Bright !
Happy !
Cheerful!!!!
 (insert big happy grin)

Well, that is it for this week.  My other goal is to post every Sunday Evening.  I think... that is a good goal since, I am unable to do it every day or every other day or every... oh you get my meaning.


Blessings,
Sue











No comments: